- What are Dried Mealworms?: Mealworms are the larval form of the mealworm beetle, which has the scientific name Tenebrio molitor.
- When should you feed Dried Mealworms to Wild Birds?: Birds adore Dried Mealworms as they provide a valuable and nutritious source of food. Mealworms are a favourite of garden birds all year round, though they are particularly popular in winter and summer when their energy requirements increase.
- In summer wild birds are very active buildings nest & raising their young and in winter they need nutritious food to stay warm, Dried Mealworms provide the ideal food to give the birds at this time.
- Many wild birds eat insects as part of their natural diet, so feeding Dried Mealworms mimics this behaviour.
- How should you feed Dried Mealworms to Wild Birds?: Dried Mealworms can be sprinkled straight onto the floor so birds can forage for them or be fed from a tray on a feeding station. Also Supa manufacture in the UK a feeder specifically for Dried Mealworms.
- Blue Tits
- House Sparrows
- Plus many more varieties of birds